Notre Dame

Dear Reader,

I hadn't planned to spend my whole day at Notre Dame, yet that was what ended up happening. There is something so spiritual about the cathedral that one feels obligated to whisper, to keep still, to be quiet and simply admire the broad archways and beautiful stained-glass windows. I don't consider myself extremely religious, but I still felt obligated to sit on a bench and simply meditate for a few minutes.

There is so much detail to pay attention to and it is hard to catch every sculpture, every painting, every piece of art that resides within Notre Dame's vast interior. I took a free, guided tour of the cathedral and learned so much about its great history and a few more interesting details that I would otherwise have never learned of. The time seemed to just slip away as I walked about the cathedral-- there are no words to describe my sentiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment